What it is: take simple baking soda and combine it with vinegar to make a cool exploding chemical reaction. The banking soda mix will explode from the top of the funnel. It's messy so beware!
Ages: For all the ages
- Baking Soda but not baking soda
- A container to hold everything and avoid a big mess!
- Paper towels or something to wipe up
- put the baking soda into the container.
- toss in some of the vinegar
- Then Watch as the reaction takes place!
Basically the baking soda acts as the base while the vinagar acts as the acid. Combing the two and they form carbonic acid, which is unstable and breaks apart into seperate water and carbon dioxide. This makes the exploding liquid! For more realistic effects, put some red or orange food die in the mixture so the liquid looks like lava!
Want more fun things to do with your kids?
Check these sites out which have other fun activities: