This is a fun kitchen counter exploration. Kid Scientists can explore on their own, while mom's working on something else.
Ages: All ages of Kid Scientists will enjoy this mixture
Materials: Corn starch, water, plastic bowl
- Mix equal parts water with corn starch in a plastic bowl
- Use your fingers to explore the mixture
- When does this seem like a liquid?
- When does it seem like a solid?
- Big Kid scientists may be interested in exploring Non-Newtonian fluids as a way of describing Ooblek
- Little Kid scientists will have fun with this Dr. Seuss exploration of Ooblek