Ages: Big and Little Kid Scientists will both enjoy this project
Materials: Shaving cream, food color, toothpicks, paper plate, paper towels, popsicle stick or plastic knife, paper or note cards (heavy weight paper works better)
- Fill the paper plate with shaving cream, and smooth the top
- Add several drops of food color to the top of the shaving cream
- Drag a toothpick through the food color to create a marbled pattern
- Set the note card onto the shaving cream / food color. Press gently to make sure all the color connects with the paper
- Remove the note card and scrape the excess shaving cream off with a popsicle stick or plastic knife
- The design you created in shaving cream is now on your note card!
- You can continue to smooth out the shaving cream and add more color for several prints.